This recipe is a great way to make something wonderful you would normally throw out . When you make sourdough bread, specifically when you make your sourdough starter you have add flour and water to it daily, and since it increases in size because it is yeast, you end of having to throw some of it out so you don't have to move out of your house because your starter is taking up all the room.
I KNOW IT SOUNDS REALLY DUMB but that's just how it goes ooookay?
I was inspired by one of my favorite food channels, Brothers Green . They had the idea to make leftover sourdough starter, into a simple savory pancake, they are most definitely the kings of turning leftovers into some beautiful. So I tried it and honestly I love it so much. It takes two minutes to make and it allows me to not constantly throw out my starter (yipeee!!)
You can also add different toppings I have made these about 5 or 6 times. I am not a huge sweet pancake person, so this is where it's at for me. I have added an egg, roasted veggies and of course hot sauce because I am dependant upon it ..
4 Ingredient Sourdough Pancakes
- 1 cup of sourdough starter ( or if you just want one a 1/2 cup)
- Handful of sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Fried Egg ( to top)
- Roasted Veggies ( to top)
- Heat pan to medium high heat. Pour starter into pan and top with seasame seeds and green onion cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with any additional toppings or eat as is.
Thanks for reading,