Happy Valentines Day!
Today is one of my favorite holidays not because of the material gifts that come along with it. I think it is all about appreciating the people who who love. Thoughtfulness is free so kind words, notes and maybe some delicious food is the best possible thing ( in my opinion)
Cooking for people is such a blessing to me. I probably get that from my Grandma an Mom who have always made people feel welcome with food. Today my recipe is a roasted tomato sauce. It is simple and incredibly tasty. Cook up some pasta with crusty bread and that is heaven to me
Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 6lb ripe tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves ( peeled and slightly crushed)
- small handful fresh thyme leaves
- 12-15 basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes/red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the bottom of a baking sheet. Cut tomatoes into quarters and add all the rest of the ingredients to the baking sheet and coat them in the oil. Season entire sheet with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables to a large saucepan and using a immersion blender.
- Store sauce in mason jars or use immediately.
Thanks for reading,