I know I said yesterday that those brownies were the best but maybe these muffins rival them.
Muffins have always been hit or miss for me, and I have never been able to get the to rise enough and be sweet but not too sweet. The sourdough helps them rise and gives them a perfect texture, not too heavy or light.
These blueberry muffins are everything I could have hoped for and more ( yes it's dramatic but you haven't tried these muffins).
Sourdough Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen*
- In a large bowl, stir together starter, oil, water, egg, brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir into sourdough mixture, just until combined, do not over mix. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into greased jumbo size muffin tin pan* Fill cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375º for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 6 jumbo muffins.
This wonderful recipe is adapted from: https://www.turnips2tangerines.com/2014/03/sourdough-blueberry-muffins.html
Thanks for reading,