These mini pizzas are so:
c) that's all I've got
The first time I made these I made the mistake of using eggplants that were a bit too far gone ( aka too mushy). I made them again last week and they turned out much better. Actually firm and stood on their own and they were good.
Eggplant Mini Pizzas
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of whole tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 of parmigiana regiano
- Fresh Basil
Any other toppings you would like ex. roasted red peppers, prosciutto, cherry tomatoes diced in half
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Slice the eggplant diagonally and lay them flat on a paper towel. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on each slice of eggplant. Let it sit for about 25 minutes.
- While you are waiting on the eggplant . You can start to make the sauce. Add oil to a medium size sauce pot on medium high. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes then add garlic and cook for another two minutes. Add tomatoes and break them up in your pot with your spoon. Lower heat to low and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes ( or longer if your aren't to hungry).
- Wipe the salt off of the top of the eggplants. This is so it removes a lot of the moisture from the Eggplant allow it to be crisper and hold it's shape better.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Eggplants on the sheet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and spoon one or two spoon of sauce on each pizza. If your eggplant is bigger you may need more sauce.
- Sprinkle with the two cheeses. Then top with anything else you want but I loved them with just sauce and cheese.
- Change the oven to broil. Put eggplants back into the oven and CAREFULLY WATCH ( DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT WALKING AWAY). Cook until the cheese gets all nice and slightly light brown.
Thanks for reading,