I don't like getting up early, so naturally that includes making breakfast during the week. Overnight Oats are great because you can whip up a batch and have enough for the whole week. I'm weird because I can't eat the same lunch everyday but im cool with breakfast.
Also this recipe is vegan if you choose to use dairy free milk ( shout out to all my vegan/lactose intolerant peeps you the REAL mvp's)
I also feel like I don't get bored of eating this everyday because you can switch up the toppings and it doesn't get old. I like to use nuts, fruit, honey/maple syrup, seeds, dried fruit and extra spices.
You can eat this oatmeal cold and apparently and a lot of people do. But i'm not about that life. Just lettin y'all know you can do it.
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 cups of low fat coconut milk (can be substituted for any kind of non dairy or dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
Toppings (optional- but delicious)
- berries or bananas
- Toasted coconut
- walnuts, almonds, pecans
- maple syrup
1. Add all ingredients to a mason jar or container with a lid. Once added secure lid and shake to combine. Place in fridge overnight
2. Take out of the fridge and pour into a bowl heat for 1 minute 30 seconds. Then top with nuts, fruit and maybe a bit more maple syrup and milk for good measure.
Thanks for reading,